Every time I drive up to my house I sigh just a little. My neighbors have gorgeous flowers out in their yards – pots and plants and bushes – while I have seven hundred bikes, trikes, and scooters scattered across my yard. I’m not so good with flowers – you actually have to pay attention to them occasionally and give them water and all. I think I’ve killed every houseplant I’ve ever owned. So I’ve been loving all the paper flowers I’ve seen cropping up across the internet – I can’t believe how gorgeous and realistic many of them look. Plus I gotta say I really like the idea of beautiful blooms that will stay pretty for months with no extra effort required.
I’ve gathered up 20 of my favorite DIY paper flower tutorials here – some are so easy they’d make a great kid’s craft, while others are a little more involved. Many of them would be PERFECT decorations for weddings!
***As always with roundups, please click through to the original post to pin individual photos. If you’d like to pin the collage up top to remember where to find all these ideas in one place, that’s just fine!***
1. These modern rolled flowers look super easy and quick enough to put together a whole bunch. From The Casual Craftlete.
2. Cute polka flowers from Lia Griffiths via Skip To My Lou start with cupcake liners and a pencil.
3. These paper spider mums from Live Laugh Rowe look easy enough for kids to help make!
4. This paper rose from We Lived Happily Ever After is incredibly realistic looking – the process is a little more involved than some of the other tutorials but the results are stunning.
5. For an easy version of paper roses, try these from Capitol Romance.
6. This giant crepe paper peony designed by Corner Blog is truly a work of art!
7. These pretty watercolor flowers from Love Grows Wild could be made with watercolors or spray ink.
8. This daffodil wreath Classic Play is designed to be easy enough for kids.
9. Doodlecraft shows you how to make bright, colorful flowers using coffee filters and food coloring.
11. This pretty cherry branch is made using egg cartons! From Spoonful.
12. Two Shades of Pink shares a video tutorial for these coffeee filter flowers.
13. I love the unexpected color combination in this simple crepe paper flower by Simple As That via The Art of Simple.
14. These paper roses are made simple with a Silhouette cut file. From Simply Kelly Designs.
15. This paper orchid from Lia Griffith comes with a printable template.
16. This delicate narcissus is made simple with a free template from The House That Lars Built.
17. Another beauty from Lia Griffith: a paper gardenia.
18. Studio DIY has a great tutorial for making giant crepe paper roses using a template available from Martha Stewart.
19. Paper dahlia wreaths have been popular for a few years now, with good reason – they’re beautiful! Great tutorial from Love, Pomegranite House:
20. I LOVE the look of these book paper flowers from Tiny Painter.
Ok, I couldn’t stop at 20, so here are two more!
21. These flowers from We Can Make Anything are made with tissue paper instead of crepe paper (easier to find and more affordable). Moving gifs make this tutorial super easy to follow!
22. These tissue paper poppies from Lia Griffith get their pretty variegated color from bleach!